The WildStar development describes game customization and technical specifications for WildStar. This includes game UI Macro and AddOn support and documentation of other types of files used for art or for general support of the game.
Welcome to the WildStar Development Portal
- Before editing WildStar development pages, please read the relevant guidelines.
- UI Forms
- · XML Widget declarations · Script handlers · Summaries
- WS XML UI
- · XML Root · XML elements · XML Types · Summaries
- Macro Command Reference
- · Console Variables
- UI Customisation Forums and Guilds
Tutorials and HOWTOs
- An introduction to addons, scripts and macros
- Getting started with writing addons
- UI Guides and HOWTOs
- Handling events
- Saving variables between game sessions
- Creating a slash command
- Localizing an addon
- Using the Interface Options Addons panel
- Using UIDropDownMenu
- XML basics
Other Resources and Tools
- Development Help AddOns
- Hosted addon pages · Library AddOns
- UI Code Snippets
- Carbine UI Internals
- Carbine's User Interface customization tool
- Lua and XML editing software
Things you can help out with
- Fill out all those red links in World of Warcraft API! (though pick in order of likelihood of being useful). Looking at the FrameXML code to find out how the functions are being used is good way to begin. Please do not create stubs if you are not adding new and useful facts - we prefer red links over stubs with no additional information.
- Copy bolded items in the Global functions list to World of Warcraft API et al.
- Scan Category:API stubs for unfinished pages!
- Take a look in Category:Votes for deleting and look for API pages.
- Help convert old pages to the Help:API Function articles style!
- Add "Triggers Events" sections to old pages that do not have them (and should have them).