Paths are a system in WildStar Online that are meant to complement a player's preferred playstyle. Upon creating a character the player will be asked to choose one of four paths. These correspond to what Carbine Studios feel are the core playstyles people tend to fall into. By choosing a path, a player will be given unique challenges and rewards that players outside of the path cannot experience by themselves.
- Explorer: For players who enjoy wandering off the beaten path and exploring every nook and cranny of the game world.
- Scientist: For inquisitive players who wish to learn everything about the game world and who can then use that knowledge to their advantage.
- Settler: For players who enjoy the social aspects of MMOs and wish to enhance that experience.
- Soldier: For players who find the most enjoyment when engaged in combat scenarios
- Strain Ultradrop:Path Level Rewards have been updated. Players will now receive their Path-specific, Faction-specific Path costume shoulders at Path Rank 21.; Players will now receive their Path-specific Rear Mount Customization at Rank 24.; Players will now receive 2 Path-specific Side Mount Customizations at Rank 26 and Rank 28.